by Kathryn Dalli, Esq.
Pursuant to the Administrative Order of the Chief Administrative Judge, dated April 8, 2020, the courts are expanding non-essential trial court functions to include the following, effective April 13, 2020:
1. Conferences in Pending Cases: In matters capable of being advanced or resolved through remote court conferencing, the courts can schedule and hold conferences on their own initiative or request of parties.
2. Fully Submitted Motions: The courts will be deciding fully submitted motions.
3. Discovery and Other Conferences: Courts will be available to resolve discovery disputes and similar matters that do not require the filing of papers.
4. Video Teleconferences: Any video conferences conducted by a court or with court participation will be administered through Skype for Business.
5. New Filings: No new non-essential matter shall be filed until further notice and no additional papers shall be filed by parties in pending non-essential matters.
Any prior Administration Orders that are inconsistent with this Order are superceded by this Order.