Partner, Chair of Corporate Group
631-727-2180 ext. 306
Scott Handwerker is a Partner and Chair of the firm’s Corporate Group, practicing in the areas of business and corporate law, M&A, venture capital, emerging growth companies and real estate.
Mr. Handwerker began his legal career with Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP in Manhattan, working on corporate transactions including venture capital, startups, M&A, and debt financings with both regular way and distressed companies.
He then worked at Goodwin Procter LLP in Manhattan and was a member of the private equity and debt finance groups, where he continued to work on corporate transactions with companies of all sizes and in all stages of life, as well as private equity and venture capital funds.
After graduating from The Allen-Stevenson School in Manhattan and The Loomis Chaffee School in Connecticut, Mr. Handwerker earned his B.A. magna cum laude from Emory University and his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law.
He serves as a Director and Trustee of the Amagansett Life-Saving and Coast Guard Station Society and is a co-founder of the Société des Amis du Champagne, Inc.
Mr. Handwerker is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and is a member of the New York State and New York City Bar Associations.
When he is not practicing law, Mr. Handwerker spends his time surfing on the East End of Long Island and studying the vineyards of Burgundy, France.
- Represented East End waste management company in $30M asset sale to two strategic buyers.
- Represented East End window and door design company in $23M asset sale to strategic buyer.
- Represented clean energy company with a $15M secured credit facility consisting of a Term Loan and Delayed Draw Term Loan.
- Represented syndicate of private investors in the acquisition of Buddhaberry Yogurt in Sag Harbor.
- Represented Ocean Propane LLC in asset sale to strategic buyer.
- Represented East Hampton Shucker Company in its initial seed funding round and issuance of warrants.
- Represented Sand and Sea Construction with its corporate structuring and capitalization of a new construction business on the East End.
- Structured private real estate backed investment company in connection with its capital raise and acquisition of various brownstones in NYC.
- Represented restaurant investment group in buyout of certain shareholders.
- Represented East End pool company in asset sale to strategic buyer.
- Represented family office with its investment into a NYC restaurant group.
- Represented lender in secured financing of East End contracting company.
- Represented Bloc Collective Limited in its initial seed funding round.
- Represented compound retail management software company in its initial seed funding round.
Download Business & Corporate Law PDF
Areas of PracticeBusiness & Corporate Law Real Estate
Fordham University, J.D., 2014
Emory University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
Professional and Civic Associations
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
News & Insights
Twomey Latham Represents East Hampton Shucker Company in Launch of $1 Million Seed Funding Round
Twomey, Latham, Shea, Kelley, Dubin & Quartararo, LLP (“Twomey Latham”) represented East Hampton Shucker Company (“EHSC”) in connection with the
Twomey Latham Represents Bloc Collective Limited in Launch of $1.5 Million Seed Funding Round
Twomey, Latham, Shea, Kelley, Dubin & Quartararo, LLP (“Twomey Latham”) represented Bloc Collective Limited (“Bloc”) in connection with the launch
Scott Handwerker Joins the Firm as Of Counsel
Twomey, Latham, Shea, Kelley, Dubin & Quartararo, LLP has announced that Scott Handwerker has joined the Firm as Of Counsel.