Kathryn M. Dalli sat down with “OPEN” Host, Daren Jaime, to discuss the importance of how companies can protect their brand, building a strong brand mark at the start of a new business, the difference between a trademark and copyright, and the fallacies of using online images.
Twomey Latham’s intellectual property practice encompasses the full range of services necessary to protect valuable brand names, logos, slogans, trade dress (characteristics of the visual appearance of a product or its packaging), and domain names, including:
- Filing and prosecution of applications in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Maintaining and renewing registrations
- Sending cease and desist letters
- Negotiating disputes
- Prosecuting and defending infringement claims
- Negotiating and drafting licenses and assignments
We also counsel new and established Long Island business owners on the inherent value and protection of their intellectual property in connection with future endeavors and business succession.