VILLAGE OF SAGAPONACK
3175 Montauk Highway, P.O. Box 600, Sagaponack, NY 11962
Below please find a summary discussing current hearing and application procedures with the Village of Sagaponack during the coronavirus pandemic (as of 5/4/20):
Board of Trustees
- The Village of Sagaponack Board of Trustees is continuing to hold meetings remotely via teleconference call.
- The public cannot attend in person, however, they can participate in the teleconference call by calling the village clerk or emailing their request to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the call-in number.
- The Village Building Department is operating, however, it is closed to the public.
- They continue to accept building permit applications which can be submitted via regular mail or dropped off at the village office along with a $150 check for the preliminary filing fees. If additional fees are required, the applicant will be notified.
- The building department is continuing to issue building permits, if requested, and conduct inspections as long as only one contractor is present on the job site during the inspection.
- They are also accepting Freedom of Information Requests for Building Department files. If the request is limited to a specific document or the documents that have been scanned into their system they will be provided copies via email, however, all hard copy files will only be available for review once their office reopens.
Land Management Boards
- Village Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Architectural & Historic Review Board meetings have been cancelled for the month of May 2020.
- The Boards are continuing to accept applications via regular mail or drop off. Upon receipt and review, applications will be placed upon the next available Board meeting agenda.
- The Boards are also accepting Freedom of Information Requests for Board files. If the request is limited to a specific document or the documents that have been scanned into their system they will be provided copies via email, however, all hard copy files will only be available for review once their office reopens.