VILLAGE OF SAG HARBOR
55 Main Street, P.O. Box 660, Sag Harbor, NY 11963
Below please find a summary discussing current hearing and application procedures with the Village of Sag Harbor during the coronavirus pandemic (as of 5/4/20):
Board of Trustees
- The Village of Sag Harbor Board of Trustees is continuing to hold meetings remotely via Zoom teleconference call.
- The public cannot attend in person, however, they can participate by calling the designated telephone number posted on the Village homepage (Calendar Section) and entering the meeting ID and password. The public can submit questions for discussion to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the meeting.
- The Village Building Department is operating, however, it is closed to the public.
- They continue to accept building permit applications which can be submitted via regular mail or dropped off at the village office. Applicants should contact the building department in advance regarding filing fees.
- The building department is continuing to issue building permits and inspections are being conducted on a limited case by case basis.
- They are also accepting Freedom of Information Requests for Building Department files. Documents that have been scanned into their system will be provided via email and hard copy files will be available for review once their office reopens.
Land Management Boards:
- In accordance with Emergency Order #1.1 of 2020 (dated April 16, 2020) (https://sagharborny.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=105), all public hearings of the Village Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historic Preservation and Architectural Review Board, and Harbor Committee have been cancelled until further notice
- The Boards are continuing to accept applications via regular mail or drop off. Upon receipt and review, applications will be placed upon the next available Board meeting agenda.
- The Boards are also accepting Freedom of Information Requests for Board files. Documents that have been scanned into their system will be provided via email and hard copy files will be available for review once their office reopens. Open applications cannot be provided via email.