TOWN OF SOUTHOLD
53095 Route 25, P.O. Box 1179, Southold, NY 11971
Below please find a summary of current hearing and application procedures with the Town of Southold during the coronavirus pandemic (as of 5/4/20):
- The Town of Southold Town Board is continuing to hold meetings.
- The public cannot attend in person, however, meetings can be watched live at http://southoldtown.iqm2.com/citizens/?AgencyName=SoutholdTown (click on Video next the meeting date). The Town Board is currently working on the best method to permit public participation at future meetings.
- The Town Building Department is operating with limited staff and is closed to the public.
- Building permit applications can be mailed to the Building Department. Applicants should contact the Building Department in advance to determine filing fees.
- The Building Department is not issuing building permits nor conducting inspections at this time.
Land Management Boards:
- Town Zoning Board of Appeals office, Planning Board office, Board of Trustees office, and Department of Land Preservation are closed until further notice.
- No Board meetings are scheduled for the foreseeable future.
- They are not accepting applications at this time.
- Property documents filed with the land management boards (including current planning board applications) are available for review through the town Weblink.
Town Clerk’s Office
- The Town Clerk’s Office is operating, however, they are closed to the public.
- They are accepting Freedom of Information Requests for all town offices which are then forwarded to the appropriate department. Responses to Freedom of Information Requests will be processed once the individual offices reopen.