TOWN OF RIVERHEAD
200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901
Below please find a summary of current hearing and application procedures with the Town of Riverhead during the coronavirus pandemic (as of 5/4/20):
- The Town of Riverhead Town Board is continuing to hold meetings at Town Hall, however, the public is not permitted to attend.
- The meeting will be broadcast live on Channel 22 and via live stream available at https://townofriverheadny.viebit.com/player_live.php. The public can submit comments for discussion by email addressed to email@example.com or calling the Town Clerk’s office at (631) 727-3200 between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- The Town Building Department is operating, however, it is closed to the public.
- Building permit applications can be submitted via regular mail or delivered to the Building Department dropbox located at 201 Howell Avenue, Riverhead (note, the dropbox can only hold limited size materials). In addition, the Building Department is accepting building permit applications via email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The original signed applications and plans must be filed with the Building Department when the office reopens.
- The building department is not issuing building permits nor are they conducting inspections at this time.
- They are continuing to accept Freedom of Information Requests for property files which will be answered in the order they are received once the Building Department reopens.
Land Management Boards:
- Town Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals have made arrangements to resume meetings via phone conference. The public cannot attend in person, however, they can listen to the meeting live on local Channel 22. The public can also submit written comments regarding pending applications to email@example.com via 12 p.m. the day of the meeting.
https://www.townofriverheadny.gov/pview.aspx?id=3748&catID=118 (Planning Board)
https://www.townofriverheadny.gov/pview.aspx?id=3751&catID=118 (Zoning Board of Appeals)
- The Conservation Advisory Council and Architectural Review Board meetings have been cancelled until further notice. https://www.townofriverheadny.gov/pview.aspx?id=3747&catID=118 (Conservation Advisory Council)
https://www.townofriverheadny.gov/pview.aspx?id=3755&catID=118 (Architectural Review Board)
- The Boards are continuing to accept applications which can be submitted via regular mail or delivered to their dropbox located at 201 Howell Avenue, Riverhead (note, the dropbox can only hold limited size materials). In addition, they are accepting applications via email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals are also accepting Freedom of Information Requests for Board files. Documents that have been scanned into their system will be provided via email and all hard copy files will be available for review once their office reopens.